Phthlatates? DBP? Talc? Parabens? Methlyl? DEHP? Synthetic fragrance? Formaldehyde?!
These are just a few of the cancer causing ingredients found in the most brand name makeup, and the more research I do, the more horrified I’ve become! Unfortunately, the beauty industry is virtually unregulated in the U.S., and many toxic chemicals like phthalates and parabens can be found in the most common of makeup, shampoos, lotions and other personal care products.
I try to live as clean as I can. However, I love to play up my features sometimes… although I had to give up conventional makeup years ago to do it! But wouldn’t you know, it’s actually really fun, easy, and completely inexpensive to make your own healthy makeup! I’m excited to share with you my DIY Natural Mineral Foundation Recipe!
What You’ll Need:
- Arrowroot Powder or Cornstarch
- Raw Cacao Powder (Cocoa Powder works well too)
- Finely ground Cinnamon or Nutmeg
- Start with the base of Arrowroot or Cornstarch
- Slowly add the Cacao & Spices until you get a shade close to your skin tone.
- Apply liberally with a natural makeup brush and enjoy!
You can also add Waxelene + a few drops of olive and essential oil to make a liquid foundation for all natural coverage!
The best part about this is that it’s customizable in color! Personally, my skin color seems to change daily, depending on how much sun I get, and it allows me to adjust my own color without having to buy new makeup! Voila! Enjoy my loves!