This beautiful petal power recipe is going to be your new favorite! The powerful ingredients have been proven to combat pain.
I’ve suffered from arthritis for 12 years, so I combine hemp oil with my favorite supplement for pain and inflammation: collagen peptides! Collagen is quickly gaining a reputation as one of the go-to beauty secrets of the ages, but it’s also amazing for your muscles, joints and can help with stiffness and swelling. Collage peptides may also help increase muscle strength because they play the most important role in our connective tissues. Those who took collagen for 24 weeks found a significant decrease in joint pain while at rest, moving, changing directions, running walking and performing tasks. Another study showed that collagen can stimulate the growth of new cartilage tissue, which means it’s replacing old or worn cartilage. Amazing, huh?!
Here’s how to make your own mini petal cakes! I was so surprised at how quick and simple these are to make – and they’re a huge splash at any holiday party! Cook time is only (approx.) 25 mins.
- 1/4 small can of coconut milk
- 1 packet Vital Proteins Marine Collagen
- 1 tablespoon Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (Vanilla + Coconut Water)
- 3 tablespoons of organic hemp oil
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp Sugar 2.0
- Healthy pinch sea salt
- Gluten free brownie mix
- 2 Tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 Tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- To the gluten free brownie mix add the coconut oil, hemp oil, Sugar 2.0, Vital Proteins Collagens, cayenne, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, chocolate chips and toss to combine.
- Add gluten free mix to cupcake trays so they are each 1/4 full.
- Optional: Add fruit such as raspberries or strawberries to the middle. This can also be done after.
- Bake for 25 mins or until moist when poked with a fork or toothpick.
- Remove and let cool.
- Add petals on top for decoration.
- Enjoy immediately. Best eaten when fresh but also amaaaazing the next day! Store in fridge.