Many people treat their body’s a lot like they do their car: they don’t bother to understand the inner working, don’t fill the tank, don’t change the oil, drive it into the ground, take it to the mechanic and say, “Fix it.” Hardly a way to treat the vessel of your soul!
Everything you do counts. Unhealthy habits sneak up on us: from hard water to our movements to eating junk food, indulging in something that may seem harmless one day often leads to engaging in it all the time. This all adds up in our body’s until we are sick, tired, fatigued or looking at someone we barely recognize at all.
Your body and mind are meant to be a whole, and to make sure that they are, your whole existence is based on feedback loops. Body listens to mind and your mind listens to your body. Awareness is the key: every cell in your body knows when you are nourished, hungry, or imbalanced.
When I was first detoxing from my pharmies five years ago, I wanted desperately to listen to my body, which was begging for real, delicious food. However, because I couldn’t keep any solid food down, I had two options: I could make a smoothie and occasionally, I could have bars.
I came to appreciate Real Food in a way I never had before. And soon, I was able to discern the difference between real food and food that claims to be healthy.
Eating real foods can change your life. It can help your self-esteem. It can clear your skin. Eating real food not only help you with personal goals, it can cure you of chronic disease. In fact, I believe firmly that this method is the only way to long-term healing.
Larabar has been a staple in my nutritional plan for many years. It also has fond memories attached to it, as Todd used to fuel up on them constantly when we first met one another (they’re gluten free and dairy free, so he loves them!)
Larabar is truly what got me through my road trip from New York to California (I probably ate one an hour!) Now, we pack them on every single hike (which, if you follow my instastories, you know is every single morning.) They’re a MUST in my bag during day trips. Back in the day, I would scour the nearest Whole Foods in LA for them during my down time on set.
I honestly feel like these bars are truly unlike any other. I am so grateful that I found them, and am so stoked on their new flavors!
First of all, they’re delightful as well as nutritional, so you don’t have to sacrifice (or even feel like you’re eating a bar!) Larabar Fruits + Greens have a quarter cup of greens in each bar, and you taste the delicious and bright ingredients. This is a great way to stay inspired to eat healthy. It’s a convenient and delicious way to add fruits and greens to your diet that are made from real food!
Here’s some reasons why I absolutely adore them:
- LÄRABAR Organic with Superfoods bars are 100% USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project verified, gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, soy-free and kosher.
- All of their core bars have just 2-9 simple ingredients.
- Everything Larabar makes is gluten-free, Kosher and non-GMO, with many vegan, dairy-free and soy-free options.
- LÄRABAR Organic with Superfoods are available in three varieties, including Hazelnut, Hemp & Cacao, Coconut, Kale & Cacao and Turmeric, Ginger & Beet.
- The new re-sealable pouch is perfect for repeat snacking.
- Found in the nutrition and snack bar aisles in four indulgent flavors, LÄRABAR Bites are gluten-free, non-GMO, vegan, dairy-free, kosher and have fair trade certified chocolate chips.
- Larabar recently introduced its first organic line that combines superfood ingredients like turmeric, hemp, ginger, kale and cacao.
Today, we’re letting one Organic Life reader experience Larabar for themselves!
To win a prize pack filled with Larabar samples, simply visit Larabar.com and comment below the ingredients of your favorite LÄRABAR for your chance to win a Real Food Prize Pack:
Compensation was provided by LÄRABAR. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of LÄRABAR.
Photos by Carie Cruz.