Trust me, your hair is gonna thank you for this one!
Believe it or not, many of the most heavily marketed hair oils are heavily green-washed – that is, they appear to be healthy for your hair, but look closer and they’re full of toxins (like parabens or phlatales) or SLS, which actually strip your hair of nutrients and dehydrate your locks over time. Here are the ingredients of one of the most popular hair oils on the market:
INGREDIENTS: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl Methyl Propional, Argania Spinoza Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed ) Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone
Just a quick glance, and here is what the first (most plentiful) ingredients add up to:
- Butylphenyl methylpropional, aka Lilal. In 2003, European Union Cosmetics Directive noted Lilial as being a dermatitis risk.
- Cyclopentasiloxane and Cyclomethicone are volatile silicone solvents.
- Parfum (Fragrance) which is supposedly Coumarin, a vanilla scent.
- D&C Yellow 11 and D&C Red 17 which are food colorings.
- Benzyl benzoate is a preservative and pesticide for scabies and lice. It’s also used as a fragrance.
- Alpha-isomethyl ionone is a fragrance that the International Fragrance Association has banned for use in perfumes.
There are only two healing hair ingredients in most mainstream products, so for the most part, these products don’t TRULY do much. Also, for years I had been disappointed in many alternatives, like coconut oil (which was too thick), olive oil (which made me smell like a salad) or even many greener hair oils (which felt heavy or were too scented for me). Since converting to green beauty, I had basically skipped hair oil altogether and just hoped and prayed my hair wouldn’t get too out of control.
That is until recently. I lightened my hair, and I was SO stoked on it! It was the exact color I wanted and my hair stylist Nancy (give her a call if you’re in San Diego – she’s the best!) did an amazing job! However, after about a week I began notice that my hair was getting SUPER dry. So dry that I contemplated going back to a darker color because it seemed impossible to keep my hair hydrated and happy in combination with it constantly seeing the California sun. But it would be SUCH a bummer to compromise my color… I HAD to do something, because my ends were getting really frizzy and damaged looking, and it was NOT cute…
Natural oils are the best thing you can do for your hair, especially if it’s bleached, colored, long, dry or curly. I’ve used many different kinds of oils on my hair the last few years but honestly, it’s rare that I find a product that does the trick by giving my hair the deep down fix that it truly needs.
Most times, my hair sucks up the oil like a thirsty plant, OR the oil is so thick and heavy that it makes my hair super greasy (and I have to head straight back to the shower!)
After a lot of research, I made the leap and switched to Nordic Bliss oil. I hoped that it wouldn’t be disappointing like most of my choices had been… and I was SO pleasantly surprised! I have to tell you – this oil is different. It straight up SAVED my hair! I HAD to share this gem with you guys because I have really never seen anything like it. Nordic Bliss is absolutely my JAM! My hair is SO healthy, so shiny, so bouncy – I get compliments every time I leave the house and I’m inspired to actually DO my hair instead of throwing it up in a bun and calling it a day (as has been my style since high school.)
I totally ADORE this magical oil! First of all, a little goes SUCH a long way! It’s light orange scent (which the hubby-to-be absolutely loves – citrus is his favorite!) carries for about an hour but isn’t overwhelming. I really love how light it feels on my locks – not greasy at all, even if I go a little heavy-handed sometimes. And it’s hard not to because I can’t get enough! I’m seriously impressed with how well it works. The synergy of oils is just right, plus, it’s 100% ORGANIC!
It changed my hair game for the better in just a few days!
Read on to learn the methods I used to restore my hair….
Here are the (amazing!!!) ingredients of the Nordic Bliss oil:
INGREDIENTS: Argan Oil, Jojoba Oil, Coconut Oil, Almond Oil, Avocado Oil, Orange Oil. Nothing else added. Organic ingredients only.
Please compare these again to the craaaazy amount of synthetic crap listed in the hair-oil-you’ve-definitely-seen-everywhere listed above. I mean, there is absolutely 0 comparison of which product is clearly safer and more nourishing to your hair (hint: it’s the organic one that’s not hiding anything unnecessary or synthetic).
Here are the benefits of using organic hair oil:
Benefits of Using an Organic Hair Oil:
- Natural oils stimulates hair growth by getting deep into hair follicles.
- Organic oils promotes the scalp health fighting against such problems as insect bites, lice and dandruff.
- Botanicals moisturize dry hair.
- Natural oil adds luster, shine and softness to the hair
- No chemicals to strip hair of needed nutrients
- Restores Ph Balance of your scalp
- Prevents hair breakage and split ends, contributing to hair length.
- Slows down hair loss.
- Retains moisture, creating well-moisturized and strong hair.
4 Ways To Use Hair Oil:
1. As a hair treatment:
- Add one pump of hair oil onto your comb
- Comb the oil through your hair while it’s wet in the shower
- Focus on ends
- Brush for 3-10 minutes
- Rinse thoroughly
2. To prevent damage/split/frizz ends:
- Apply oil to brush
- Brush through damp hair after a bath/shower
- Let hair dry or style as desired
3. To style:
- One pump into the palm of your hand
- Apply to dry hair to control frizz or to style
4. As a hair mask/deep conditioning:
- 5 pumps into the palm of your hand or onto your hair brush
- Comb through hair until hair is completely saturated
- Cover hair with a towel or shower cap and sleep on it throughout the night
- Wash oil out in the shower
Well, are you ready to have stronger, sexier, healthier hair and luxurious hair growth with organic oil? Click [here] for a special 15% discount!
Your ticket to thick, happy, beautiful locks has called – are you gonna answer?