It’s as simple as that.
I adore this Enlightened Golden Chai. It’s caffeine free, vegan and best of all – delicious! It also has incredible health benefits.
Besides being a tasty spice often used to enhance holiday treats, main ingredient ginger can soothe upset stomachs and diminish nausea, and studies show it may help pain and inflammation, too.
Turmeric may be the most effective nutritional supplement in existence. Many high quality studies show that it has major benefits for your body and brain. Turmeric contains curcumin, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Turmeric actually targets multiple steps in the inflammatory pathway, at the molecular level.
Organic, raw cacao is not only the delicious part of hot cocoa, it has immense health benefits! Raw Organic Cacao is also one of the highest plant-based sources of magnesium, the most deficient mineral in the Western world. Magnesium is important for a healthy heart, and helps turn glucose into energy enabling your brain to work with laser-sharp clarity and focus.
In just 5 minutes, you’ll have a tasty beverage reminiscent of a chai tea, with all the seasonal warmth you crave – vegan, caffeine free and totally healthy for you! Welcome to totally enlightened tea 🙂
- 3 tbsp organic raw Ginger
- 2 tbsp organic raw Turmeric
- 2 tbsp organic raw Cacao
- 2 tbsp organic raw Cinnamon
- 1 cup Coconut Milk or Almond Milk
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- A pot
- A spoon
- Add a cup of coconut or almond milk into your pot
- Turn stove on high
- Add the rest of the ingredients (spices) into your pot
- Stir gently until your delicious concoction is a golden to golden brown color
- Watch for one or two bubbles, turn down your heat before it gets to a boil
- Transfer your golden chai to your favorite teacup & enjoy!
- Add organic, raw honey or organic maple syrup for sweetener.
- You can add collagen peptides and/or coconut oil for a dose of skin-loving, healthy fats.
- I use tablespoons of spices instead of teaspoons because it allows me to refill my cup multiple times a day without adding more spices (I just re-heat the milk or use hot water). Plus it turns out super frothy and creamy the first go-around!