2015! Wow, did that fly by or what?
What a great year it’s been, honestly! I couldn’t be more grateful for all that’s come my way nor could I feel like I kicked more butt, seriously. Thank you guys for all of your love, support and light this year! I could not have done it without you.
Some super-highlights include announcing my book deal, turning in my manuscript for Cured by Nature, moving into my dream house by the beach (and then my even dreamier house just a few more minutes away from the beach!), meeting some of my best friends and most amazing mentors, and much more – but I wanted to take a minute to touch on the best perks, posts and people I’ve found this year – plus some of your favorites, too!
And remember, as Yogananda put it, “Forget the past. Everything in the future will improve if you are making a spiritual effort now.”
- How to Accomplish All of Your Goals
- The Global Green Pre-Oscar Party
- 12 Things I Learned about Grief this year
- Partnering with Adidas to spread health and wellness!
- Channeling Janis Joplin
- Into the Woods, anyone?
- The 10 Best Natural Face Oils
- DIY Skin Brightening Detox Recipe
- My first Whole Foods product launch!
- Your health questions – answered!
- How to deal with negative people
- Gypsy Dreams
- Remember that time I met Jenna Marbles? I do. And she’s a Waxelene fan!
- Launching my own perfume and makeup collaboration was dream come true! Then… I did it again! 🙂 They both got a lot of love from bloggers, magazines, friends, family and more. 🙂
- Some highlights of my time by the seashore with one of my favorite companies!
- My Morning Ritual was a huge part of my life this year. I really ramped it up and it made huge impacts in helping me keep my goals and an open mind.
- Remember when Barnes and Noble picked up my book and I am still pinching myself over it? The raddest.
- Sharing my story at Green Festival could not have been a more touching, amazing experience.
- Raelie and I spent a good deal of time at the dog beach, and also beaches where dogs aren’t really allowed but we’re rebels. 🙂
- Can you blame us?
- In fact, do you think we got a little too beachy this year?
- Think again. I traveled quite a bit, and they weren’t all tropical vacations. But they were all beautiful!
- I added a Neon Leaf – a totally electric, zero emission vehicle – to my sustainable vehicle family. My dream car! I am in love with her.
- I fell in love with San Francisco.
- Made it to every art museum I could find. Even if it was a solo date sometimes. 😉
- Learned a little bit of french this year. Any recommendations would be super helpful, though, as I’m reading my way through it!
- Spent a ton of time meditating at The Self Realization Fellowship temple. I just can’t get enough of this gorgeous place, and it really grounded me spiritually this year.
- A behind the scenes look at shooting for some of my favorite brands, like Made for Pearl from Janis Joplin’s niece, Malyn Joplin!
- The bathroom of my dreams manifested into my life. I just adore it, and will be sharing my interior decorating journey in 2016! Can’t wait!
- My trip to New York to meet with Elle, Good Housekeeping and Harper’s Bazaar, etc. about my book was one of my best trips back home yet!
- Did you know there’s nothing you can’t do?
- The best exercises for pain & arthritis!
- Why is Yoga such a huge part of my life?
- Traveling: my favorite hobby.
- Good Vibes Only
- You wanted to know: What’s in my makeup bag?
- Seeing Wayne Dyer before he passed was miraculous and life changing for me.
- My makeup essentials.
- The wandering gypsea
- We set up a perfectly curated shop for you to indulge yourself in all things healthy and green beauty!
- I visited the Flower Fields – bucket list item just done and done! 🙂
- The Laurel Skin Studio grand opening was amazing!
- I spent a good deal of the year California Dreaming.
- The April Buddhi Box reveal was so fun!
- The best in green beauty 2015
- A lot of handstands happened this year. A whole lot.
- And a ton of smoothies, tonics and herbs.
- I started my own greenhouse! So super psyched about it and have been growing the most delicious herbs, fruits, flowers and veggies!
- Maybe a little too much surfing? Oh wait… there’s no such thing. 🙂
- Although this was my first solid year without my Dad, I did a lot of things in his memory. 5% of my annual income has gone to the Cancer Research Institute in his name, and I felt him guiding me a lot this last year. Thanks, Dad. Hope I’m kicking as much butt down here for you as you are up in Heaven for me. 🙂
- A lot of beach meditation went down this year. A lot.
- The launch of my personal website was a hoot and a holler to work on! If you need help with web design in any way don’t hesitate for a moment to hit up my friend Laurie, who has made all the difference in this site being sleek and well designed! She taught me valuable skills along the way so that I could do it myself (ala carte) in the future.
- Glowing Makeup Tutorial
- 5 Natural Ways to get Healthy Skin
- I read literally over 100 books this year. Literally…
- The Green Meets Glam event by Shop Conscious Beauty was amazing! It’ll be getting it’s own post soon but I couldn’t NOT mention this one of a kind event as one of my year-long highlights!
- Top 10 Natural Toners
- 5 Ways to Feel Better Instantly
- Wanna release all your fear and resentment? Look no further!
- Maybe my favorite look all summer.
- My first food collaboration was super fun and went so well!
- I released The 14 Day Fitness Plan to rave reviews! Thanks you guys because…
- It inspired The Total Transformation!
- Releasing the first of The Organic Life apparel was a blast!
- DIY Detox Face Mask
- Top 5 Skin Game Changers
- The best organic spa in San Diego
- The body boosting, skin glowing smoothie
- 5 Ways to treat dry skin – originally posted on Mind Body Green!
- My natural breast augmentation story (with before and after photos)
- How to elevate your life
Woo! Aside from editing a whole book this year, I sure did do a lot of writing, photographing, activities and adventuring! Thanks everyone, for helping me make this the most kick ass year yet! Here’s to an amazing 2016! I absolutely love you all. Have a safe, happy and healthy new year!
Be Happy. Stay Weird. Live well.